1. I woke up early this morning and went to Sunday yoga at my local lululemon. I really should be going more regularly, for some reason it makes the rest of my day. I just always feel more productive and calm after I go. I also feel broke… I may have accidentally purchased this scarf (in orange and navy, see above), and this shirt, and this headband…. WHOOPS. However, in my own defense, I’m wearing the scarf right now and its SOOOOO comfortable. Totally worth it… and it was on sale… which means it was practically free and a very effective purchase.. DUH.
2. While were on the subject of me
unnecessarily spending money… I may have also accidentally (totally on purpose) bought the Aria Fitbit Scale. Have I told you guys about my fitbit? I’m in love with it. It’s the coolest little thing. It tracks my steps, calories burned, distance walked, flights of stairs walked up, and it also can track my sleep cycles. I bought it a few months ago and I wear it everyday. I get weekly updates from fitbit telling me how active I’ve been all week… talk about motivating. But back to the scale, I bought Aria to track my weight, BMI, and fat %. It’s pretty cool that one scale can measure all those things, plus it tracks my progress for me! Every time I step onto the scale all of my stats are wirelessly loaded into my fitbit account. Let’s just say I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be.
3. If anyone else has a fitbit account and wants to be friends, just let me know! Here is my fitbit profile, where you can see what I’ve been up to.
4. Last night I went to the Seattle Children’s Theater production of The Edge of Peace with Cameron. It was actually A LOT better than we thought it was going to be. It was kind of interesting… and sad. I’ve only been to the theater twice, but the actors are always really great. After the show we got Kidd Valley… can you say garlic fries… I can. Eating their garlic fries is like eating pure garlic… aka its DELICIOUS. I wasn’t even mad they got my burger order wrong, that’s how good these fries are. Yeah. Think about it.
5. Can we talk about how fun it is to have breakfast for lunch? SO fun. My friends Erin and Laura made me pancakes and turkey bacon after I was done at yoga. They also used Erin’s juicer to may fresh orange juice…. I know. It was like I died and went to heaven… thanks guys!
6. I went to the library and picked up a few new books. I’m really excited to start the American Way of Eating by Tracie McMillan, I’ll let you know how it goes. And Imagine, by Jonah Lehrer, seems like it’s pretty cool too. They were both in the new releases section at the library.
7. So, lemme talk to you for a second. I’m not Rihana’s biggest fan, but ‘Stay’ has been stuck in my head for like a week. Props to her, that song is BEAUTIFUL. Bruno Mars’ ‘When I was Your Man’ is also on repeat in my brain. And so is the awesome cover my best friend’s boyfriend did a few days ago.
8. I’m also obsessed with this new bread I found when browsing the isle at target. It’s Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful Whole Wheat and Honey Bread. Each slice is only 45 calories… its hard to beat that, plus it tastes DELICIOUS… especially with super chunk peanut butter (which I used to hate but now I’m slightly in love with) and banana on top. YUM. Try it. You won’t be mad.
9. At the same Target trip I managed to spend $31 on easter decorations, sprinkles, and straws… don’t blame me, blame Jessica for posting about them. It’s her fault. Really. Also, lets not focus on the money spent, let’s focus on the fact that NONE of the money was spent on candy… which is obviously my biggest weakness. I can’t leave that damn store without buying some form of sugar/chocolate/gummygoodness. We’re going to ignore the fact that sprinkles are sugar and just be proud of me… glad we’re in agreement.
10. Let’s talk Nashville. HOOMAHGAWD. Gunnar (Losing his brother). Devastating. Scarlett & Gunnar (knocking boots, I’m
hoping assuming). Heaven. Rayna & Deacon (“I want to do right by you”). Swoon. Juliette & her Mom (the birthday party story). Crying. The end. That is my synopsis. WHY is that show so good? WHY. I keep downloading all the songs… its fueling my country obsession. Sorry I’m not sorry.
11. I’m super happy to be spending the next week in Seattle. Two weeks in Idaho were more than enough. Tomorrow night I’m going to a 3 course dinner that Erin, Laura, and I booked through this Dine Local thing. I’m SUPER excited.
12. I did some produce shopping at Pike Place Market today. I found some pretty cool stuff, like Fresh Romanesco. Everything cost me about $18… Now to just figure out what to do with it all…
To find out what I’m up to all week long follow my Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. And don’t forget to subscribe to the Pike Place Kitchen Email List, below my twitter updates on the right hand side of the site, to get email notifications for new posts.
Make it a great week guys!